RSSRadio 3.4 finally brings support for iOS8 and the new iPhones, along with a few other goodies:
- Silence skip is both less obtrusive, more effective and uses less power (seriously, use it!)
- A new settings checklist allows you to quickly check your device settings for RSSRadio
- Supports the Retina HD screens on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, i will make more enhancements for the 6 Plus later
- More support for swiping back rather than using the back button
- Support interactive notifications on iOS8
- Fix some authenticated feeds
- Bug fixes
Please check your Device Settings and make sure you use Silence Skip!
I was on the App Guy podcast episode 147 to talk about RSSRadio and indie app development. If you would like to hear more about me, or where some of my apps came from, check it out!
Apple has released iOS8 which brings new capabilities to iOS with extensions, and also the iPhone 6 and 6+ sport new screen sizes.
This post tracks the compatibility of my Apps.
|App||iOS8 Compatible||Extensions||Supports Large Screens|
I will be working to bring iOS8 compatibility, support for large screens and extensions (where appropriate) to all my apps in 2014.
Last updated 21st Sept 2014, 18:09 BST
RSSRadio 3.2.7 is now available for update. This update brings a global search feature and a new layout for the show screen.
The new show screen is much better suited to resizing for different size displays, already handy for using the same layout on the iPhone and iPad and this will become more useful later this year I think...
Here is the complete change log:
- Corrected listened instead of archive on the subscription detail list swipe
- Multi select actions menu is now on play queue to allow quicker archiving, removing
- Added archiving to actions menu on playlist
- Fix some layout issues on iPad
- A few smaller bug fixes
- New layout for show detail screen
- NEW: Global search function on iPhone Podcasts screen
- NEW: Link on show detail screen to go to Podcast
- Fixed: Chapters view wasn’t themed
- Pressing play all when nothing is ready to play will give an error message
- Popup menu in episode list has a “not listened” option
- Trying to add to play queue when not ready to play will give error message
- Lightened the tint colour in dark mode
- Fixed: Some slider controls were difficult to adjust
- Smoothed out some of the animations
- Fixed some show artwork issues
- Downloads will not start if <50Mb device space available
- Fixed issues with lock screen playback time display
- The dar.fm API has been deprecated, new users are to just use the custom rss feed.
- Improved support for hourly shows
- Resolved some issues with future iOS versions